- Supported Operating Systems:Windows 2000;Windows 98;Windows ME;Windows NT;Windows Server 2003;Windows XP
Typical Installation Requirements
The .NET Framework runs on:
- Microsoft Windows� 98
- Microsoft Windows NT� 4.0 (SP 6a required)
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (SP2 Recommended)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
Server Installation Requirements
If you have been directed to do a server installation, you must meet the following requirements in addition to the typical installation requirements:
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6; Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7 is recommended. This is for applications that use Data Access.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) version 5.0 or later - To access the features of ASP.NET, IIS with the latest security updates must be installed prior to installing the .NET Framework. ASP.NET is supported on the following platforms: Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (SP 2 recommended), Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (SP 2 recommended), Microsoft Windows XP Professional, and Microsoft Windows .NET Server family.
Note: Most users will perform a typical installation and can ignore these requirements. If you are unsure which type of installation to perform, only meet the typical installation requirements.If you plan on developing .NET Framework applications, the Microsoft� .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the .NET Framework, as well as everything you need to write, build, test, and deploy .NET Framework applications�documentation, samples, and command-line tools and compilers.